To manage copyright infringement lawsuits against you and your website, register a DMCA agent asap.

The copyright holder must send a proper "take down" notice to the DMCA agent registered with US Copyright Office or their copyright infringement lawsuit is limited.

Posted by: Byron King on 09/21/23 (This information is only accurate as of 09/21/23. You must contact SCR for updates and changes to this information after 09/21/23 as laws and regulations may change over time. SCR 803-772-5206 or email info at or email byron at

This information is not legal advice. This information is intended only to provide general information and may not be relied upon as specific legal guidance. Legal counsel should always be consulted before acting in reliance on this information.